Latinas Unidas Contra el SIDA
LUCES is dedicated to empowering Hispanic communities to develop healthy lifestyles through information, education and advocacy. The initiative connects Latina women to HIV/AIDS resources and strengthens their ability to take charge of their sexual health.
Goals of LUCES:
- To raise awareness about the magnitude of HIV/AIDS among Latina women in Florida.
- To offer tools enabling Latina women to educate others about HIV/AIDS and HIV prevention where they live, work, play, learn, and worship.
- To connect Latina women to HIV/AIDS resources.
- To increase the capacity of Latina women to build effective responses to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in local communities.
- To strengthen Latina women’s ability to take charge and control of their sexual health.
To learn more about LUCES and to obtain materials, please contact Sandra Estevez, Statewide Latino AIDS Coordinator at (305) 470-6987.